Key Learning So Far

  • Understand the side effects, if any, of the drugs you'll be taking after surgery - especially possible withdrawl symptoms
  • Make sure whoever picks you from the hospital brings a paper and pen to take key notes from the nurse discharging you
  • If you have a job, organize your STD (Short Term Disability) as much as possible before surgery

Pain Chart - Post Surgery

Pain Chart - Post Surgery

Friday, January 25, 2008

Pre Surgery - Day before Surgery

My surgery time was set for 12.05pm on January 24, 2008.

After midnight on January 23rd, 2008 I was told not to eat or drink anything - this included water, chewing gum etc. On that same day before, I made sure I was well hydrated and ate a light, easily digestible meal at dinner. I also snacked on a bagel around 9pm and finished drinking water around 11.30pm.

Considering the events that were going to transpire the next, I got a pretty good nights sleep.


Was this blog useful