Key Learning So Far

  • Understand the side effects, if any, of the drugs you'll be taking after surgery - especially possible withdrawl symptoms
  • Make sure whoever picks you from the hospital brings a paper and pen to take key notes from the nurse discharging you
  • If you have a job, organize your STD (Short Term Disability) as much as possible before surgery

Pain Chart - Post Surgery

Pain Chart - Post Surgery

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Post Surgery - Day 6

Pain Rating:

I neglected to take my painkillers at 4am this morning and I'm certainly feeling a sore today - worse than yesterday. During breakfast, I took my 2 painkillers and muscle relaxant.

Finally had a bowel movement this morning (which might explain the stomach pains last night) - it appears my bowel movements are every 2 days or so - given my combination of prune juice and painkillers).

Back started to feel better once I was back on schedule with my painkillers.

I managed to get two long walks in today.The rest of the day was pretty un-eventful, although I did have another 2nd bowel movement around 8.30pm that evening

Was this blog useful