Key Learning So Far

  • Understand the side effects, if any, of the drugs you'll be taking after surgery - especially possible withdrawl symptoms
  • Make sure whoever picks you from the hospital brings a paper and pen to take key notes from the nurse discharging you
  • If you have a job, organize your STD (Short Term Disability) as much as possible before surgery

Pain Chart - Post Surgery

Pain Chart - Post Surgery

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Post Surgery - Day 110 (15 Weeks)

Pain Rating:

The X-Rays following my 3 month visit to the surgeon were finally sent to me and I've posted them underneath.

All in all the visit went relatively well. At the time, my hip pain was acute and it was recommended that I take Celebrex, however since then the hip pain has dissipated somewhat and shifted more to the lower back - according to my physical therapist that is a good thing.

Here are the X-rays:-

(AP- X-Ray courtesy of BCH)

(Hyper Extension X-Ray courtesy of BCH)

(Hyper Flexion - X-Ray courtesy of BCH)

(Neutral- X-Ray courtesy of BCH)

Was this blog useful